Thank you to Educated Unemployed Indian for nominating me. His blog is friendly, welcoming, honest, positive and beautifully laid out with great artwork. He is also really supportive of other bloggers.
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster award is an award recognizing and admiring bloggers by bloggers. It is is a fun way of discovering new blogs.
WHAT TO DO IF NOMINATED FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD
TO ACCEPT IT, or you choose to start a blog post about the Liebster award; you should do the following:
Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
Answer the questions the person who nominated you asked.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
Ask your own set of questions for your nominees.
List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.)
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award (just put it in a comment on any of their posts) and provide a link for them to your post.
What makes me passionate about blog posting
It is a way for me to process what is going on for me and to share this honestly with others. It helps me to understand myself and hopefully helps others by showing my inside workings. I love writing my posts. Also the WordPress community is so lovely and this has been such a joy to discover!
Q & As
1. How did you find the idea of starting your blog?
It started off as a more enjoyable writing activity than writing books, then it became my main writing activity. It became a habit, then an addiction!
2. If God would grant you a wish, what would you wish for?
Strength. More strength, please.
3. What kind of content do you enjoy writing the most? Articles, poetry, short story, daily life, journal, etc.
Daily life/journal. However, I also enjoy writing articles and like writing to a brief.
4. We all get angry sometimes, what angers you the most in your day to day life?
I have just come back from walking through Norwich in England city centre at 8pm. There are more homeless people than I have ever seen here before. This is an affluent city. Why don’t the City Council ensure everyone has shelter? How can they be in charge and let people sleep outside in freezing conditions? It is so very sad, and yes, makes me angry.
5. Three facts about your favorite book.
We need to talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver
You will need tissues
And more tissues
And still more tissues
6. Describe one of your brilliant ideas or your eureka moment or something that you are most proud of.
Back in April my husband and I realised that if we were prepared to be really brave, we could sell up, leave everything and everyone and go travelling. We both had a sheet of electricity go through our bodies at the same time. I can still remember exactly where we were standing.
7. One word that explains your true self.
Mysterious, even to me.
8. Three things you can’t live without in life.
Body Shop hemp hand cream, vaseline and tissues.
9. Your idea of a perfect day- indoors or outdoors?
Both. Outside, a walk, some yoga and then some writing. Plus time for kind of doing nothing/thinking, with no pressure.
10. Imagine you have a pet if you don’t have one and one day your pet learned to talk. What would be the first thing according to you your pet will say?
I hope they would say they loved me and that I was a good ‘owner’
Ten random facts about me
My real name is Rachel Ann Hill (nee Doran)
I call it being safety conscious but most people would probably say I have mild-moderate OCD
When I was eleven years old I read an anti war poem I wrote at a CND rally and was on the BBC 9 o’clock news
My best friend at school was a bicycle which I pretended was a horse called Gibraltar
I used to be addicted to Hollyoaks, it was the last show I gave up before-
-I gave up tv altogether nine years ago
I am mentioned in a book about the Manic Street Preachers (‘two groupies who looked like the girls out of Shampoo’)
I used to write women’s erotica until I met my husband and just stopped
I like Redbush tea- bringing me a mug of this first thing in the morning will get you a lot of points
I do not have a smart phone
I nominate the following blogs for the award
Behcets and Borderline
Smut. and Self-Esteem
The Wallflower in Wonderland
This Beautiful Life
Carry on Beautiful
My questions for the nominees
1. What is your rule or guiding principle that you follow with regard to your blog?
2. And with regard to your life?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Describe one of your brilliant ideas or your eureka moment or something that you are most proud of.
5. One word that explains your true self
6. What song are you currently listening to over and over again?
7. What do you do to get yourself all set up and in the mood for writing?
8. What is your biggest obstacle that gets in the way of your writing?
9. What is your favourite film, and why?
10. Can you recommend a Netflix show that people may not yet have discovered?
Thank you for reading xx